A person who engages, assists, or recruits anybody to emigrate is known as an Overseas Employment Promoter (OEP). An OEP is a private firm that serves as a connection between human resources and the employer.
What does an OEP do?
In the private sector, Abroad Employment Promoters play a critical role in promoting overseas employment. The Bureau of Emigration & Overseas Employment (BEOE), Government of Pakistan, grants OEP licenses to Overseas Employment Promoters, allowing them to travel to nontraditional manpower recipient countries around the world in general and traditional manpower needy countries in the Middle East in particular.
After putting in a lot of effort, the Overseas Employment Promoters present their demands and report to the Protectorate of Emigrants, the regional agency in charge of granting authorization for the recruitment of Pakistani workers. The demand is published in the prominent newspaper when permission is granted.
Following that, the selected and recruited individuals are registered with the appropriate Emigrant Protector. The terms and circumstances of the Foreign Service Agreement, Rules, and Regulations, and other essential information regarding the host countries are extensively briefed to potential migrants at the time of registration.
What is OEP License?
To become an Overseas Employment Promoter, you have to get a license from the government of Pakistan to do this job successfully. That license is called an OEP License.
The Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment of the Pakistani government registers OEP. The genuineness of the OEP may be confirmed by the POE office and the legitimate OEP License list accessible on their website.
A recruitment license in Pakistan gives you legal permission to carry out this job in a proper manner. Working with an OEP can be a risky business if they do not have a valid license
How can you start an overseas Recruitment Agency?
Following are some of the important steps that you can follow to start an overseas recruitment agency:
- It’s better to focus on one or two verticals if you’re a novice with limited expertise. You can work in a variety of industries, including information technology, consumer products, and pharmaceuticals. You will be able to provide better service to your clients if you choose fewer industrial sectors.
- After you’ve decided on a niche, start gathering data on the current need for various professions in that area. In-depth market research will greatly aid you in the development of your company plan.
- Begin developing a business strategy for your recruiting firm based on the findings of your market research.
- If you want to work in the recruiting industry for a long time, you’ll need an office. If you’re on a tight budget and can’t afford to rent office space, start by converting your house into an office.
- Companies search for a variety of services from recruiting firms. Full-time, part-time, and occasionally both full-time and contract job placement services are available
- You must have a strategy in place for finding applicants. Your ability to supply the proper applicants for a given position will determine how successful you are as a recruiting service provider.
- It’s critical to follow the rules of the land if you want to run a stress-free legal recruitment firm. Find out what type of licenses and permissions are necessary by contacting the appropriate authorities or consulting a specialist
How to get OEP License in Pakistan?
Follow these steps to get an OEP License in Pakistan
- Vist Bureau of Emigration & Overseas Employment.
- Submit an application for OEPL Name selection on the coordination desk.
- After verification from the concerned officer, an interview will be scheduled.
- You will take your concerned documents for the interview. The list of these documents is mentioned on the official website of Bureau of Emigration & Overseas Employment.
- After a successful interview, your documents will be forwarded to the Ministry.
- After some time, you will be issued an OEP license.
If you want to learn more about recruitment and its procedures. Here is your ultimate guide to making the right recruiting decisions.